Skip to main content

Yaya Toure handed a full-time coaching role in Tottenham's academy.

 

Former Barcelona and Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has reportedly been handed a full-time coaching position in Tottenham's academy. 


The 39-year-old has been working at Spurs on a part-time basis for the last eight months as he works towards his UEFA A Licence. 

The role, according to Sport Mail, suits Toure as he lives with his family in Hampstead, near to the club's Hotspur Way training ground. 


According to the Evening Standard, the Ivorian will be handed his own age-group team to manage as part of an academy coaching shake-up at Spurs. 

It will be his first permanent coaching position in England, having held assistant manager roles at Ukrainian club Olimpik Donetsk and Russian side Akhmat Grozny.

Toure has also spent time at QPR, Blackburn and the Welsh FA while working towards his badges since his playing career ended at Chinese club Qingdao Huanghai in 2020. 

'Sitting in an office the whole time – that’s not me,' he told The Coaches' Voice last year.


I want to be out on the grass, interacting with other people, exchanging ideas.'


The Evening Standard also report that former Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe is joining the club's youth set-up too and will take on an age-group team much like Toure.

The 39-year-old, who scored 143 goals in 362 games for Spurs across three different spells, announced his retirement from playing in March. He previously held a player-coach role under Steven Gerrard at Rangers.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Military hands over 23 rescued children to UNICEF through Borno State

The Nigerian military has handed over 23 children who were formerly associated with Boko Haram insurgents, to UNICEF through the Borno State government.  The children were picked up during various military operations around the north-east region. Aged between 17 and 10 years, the boys and girls confessed to the military that they have been assisting the Boko Haram insurgents either as fighters or domestic helps in the camps. The Theatre Commander of a military counterinsurgency force, Abba Dikko, said the 23 children were released in line with Nigeria military’s commitment to the observance of human rights. He observed that the children and other vulnerable persons were victims who faced with the highly unstable circumstances induced by the conflict would have had little option but to fall under the thrall of the insurgents.  “We were able to identify this category of people, especially the women, the aged and children to whom it behooves our sense of duty and res...

FRSC reinforces directive on use of google maps while driving

The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has clarified its position on the use of Google Maps, The FCT Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Ayuba Gora was quoted saying that driving with the aid of Google map using mobile phones is a serious traffic offence. Gora said this at the inauguration of the 2019 Ember Months Campaign by Lugbe Unit Command of the FRSC in Abuja yesterday. But, FRSC Spokesman Bisi Kazeem making reference to Gora’s comments said the Sector Commander was quoted out of context and his statement outrightly misrepresented. Kazeem said the FRSC as a technology-driven organisation is not and has never stood against the use of Google Maps by Motorists. The statement read: “To state the obvious, we have always enlightened the public on the position of the law on the use of phone while driving. “The statement he made during the flag off buttresses the position of the Corps, which is that any driver who intends to deploy the use of Google Map...

Rihanna confirms she's headlining the Super Bowl LVII halftime show

  Rihanna has confirmed she will be headlining the 2023 Super Bowl half-time show.   The Barbadian singer, 34, announced the news Sunday September 25, by sharing a photo of her tattooed arm holding a football. The post marks Rihanna's first social media activity since giving birth to her first child in May.   The NFL also Tweeted the big news with the same snap and the message 'Let’s GO-#SBLVII' A statement released by Roc Nation founder Shawn Jay-Z Carter, read: 'Rihanna is a generational talent, a woman of humble beginnings who has surpassed expectations at every turn. A person born on the small island of Barbados who became one of the most prominent artists ever. Self-made in business and entertainment.'  A statement from Apple Music read, 'We are thrilled to welcome Rihanna to the Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show stage,' shared Seth Dudowsky who is the NFL Head of Music. 'Rihanna is a once in a generation artist who has been a cultural fo...