Skip to main content

Woman who pleaded for help to find her husband's killer sentenced for conspiring with boyfriend to kill him

A Texas woman, who once tearfully pleaded on TV for help finding her husband’s killer, has been sentenced to life in prison for convincing her boyfriend to carry out the brutal murder.


Jennifer Lynne Faith, 49, was handed down the sentence Tuesday, June 21, in a federal courtroom after pleading guilty in February to use of interstate commerce in the commission of murder-for-hire in the death of her husband Jamie Faith.

Jamie Faith, an American Airlines executive was gunned down during a walk outside his Oak Cliff home on Oct. 9, 2020, according to a statement from the Northern District of Texas U.S. Attorney’s Office.


"Ms. Faith put on quite a performance in the wake of her husband’s murder. She poured out her sob story to reporters and law enforcement, then headed home to orchestrate her coverup," U.S. Attorney Chad Meacham said after the sentencing.

"But crocodile tears didn’t stop the feds. We were committed to getting justice for Jamie, and with the Judge’s imposition of a life sentence this afternoon, we’re one step closer."


Jennifer—who had been with her husband at the time of the killing—described the murder to Dallas Homicide Det. Chris Walton during an interrogation that morning.


She said: "I turned around and I just saw this person shoot and shoot. I couldn’t believe—I didn’t know him. Like, why?"

She added: "A lot of shots, five, six, maybe, I feel like. And he just kept going, and I’m like, stop it!"


Jennifer went on to describe the killer as having "dark eyes" and claimed the man had tried to tackle her to the ground after she started to scream.


"He was trying to attack me the whole time I was screaming," she said.


Jennifer later went on the local media to plead with the public for help to find her husband’s killer.

"Oh my God! If you know what happened I need that for closure," she told KDFW through tears. "I need to make sense of this."


But authorities now say that the alleged killer was a man Jennifer knew very well and even once referred to her as "one and only love."

Jennifer admitted in plea documents to convincing her boyfriend Darrin Ruben Lopez—a disabled U.S. Army veteran who suffered a traumatic brain injury—to shoot her husband in a calculated plot to take him out.


Lopez, who had been living in Tennessee at the time of the killing, is facing murder charges in the case, but his trial is still pending.


Prosecutors said Jennifer plied Lopez with "money and gifts" and even used funds from a GoFundMe account set up for her after the murder to pay off his credit cards.

Authorities said Jennifer was able to convince her boyfriend of seven months to carry out the murder after making him believe that she was being physically and sexually abused by her husband.


She created fake email accounts, including one where she posed as her husband that taunted Lopez with "details of extreme physical and sexual abuse that never actually occurred," according to an indictment in the case obtained by WFAA.


To make the abuse seem more realistic, authorities said she admitted to sending Lopez stock images of abuse she had downloaded online, pretending they depicted her own injuries.


The couple, who dreamed of starting a new life together in Tennessee, made a plan to get rid of Jamie the day after Jennifer and Jamie had celebrated their 15th wedding anniversary according to reports by authorities.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Military hands over 23 rescued children to UNICEF through Borno State

The Nigerian military has handed over 23 children who were formerly associated with Boko Haram insurgents, to UNICEF through the Borno State government.  The children were picked up during various military operations around the north-east region. Aged between 17 and 10 years, the boys and girls confessed to the military that they have been assisting the Boko Haram insurgents either as fighters or domestic helps in the camps. The Theatre Commander of a military counterinsurgency force, Abba Dikko, said the 23 children were released in line with Nigeria military’s commitment to the observance of human rights. He observed that the children and other vulnerable persons were victims who faced with the highly unstable circumstances induced by the conflict would have had little option but to fall under the thrall of the insurgents.  “We were able to identify this category of people, especially the women, the aged and children to whom it behooves our sense of duty and res...

FRSC reinforces directive on use of google maps while driving

The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has clarified its position on the use of Google Maps, The FCT Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Ayuba Gora was quoted saying that driving with the aid of Google map using mobile phones is a serious traffic offence. Gora said this at the inauguration of the 2019 Ember Months Campaign by Lugbe Unit Command of the FRSC in Abuja yesterday. But, FRSC Spokesman Bisi Kazeem making reference to Gora’s comments said the Sector Commander was quoted out of context and his statement outrightly misrepresented. Kazeem said the FRSC as a technology-driven organisation is not and has never stood against the use of Google Maps by Motorists. The statement read: “To state the obvious, we have always enlightened the public on the position of the law on the use of phone while driving. “The statement he made during the flag off buttresses the position of the Corps, which is that any driver who intends to deploy the use of Google Map...

Rihanna confirms she's headlining the Super Bowl LVII halftime show

  Rihanna has confirmed she will be headlining the 2023 Super Bowl half-time show.   The Barbadian singer, 34, announced the news Sunday September 25, by sharing a photo of her tattooed arm holding a football. The post marks Rihanna's first social media activity since giving birth to her first child in May.   The NFL also Tweeted the big news with the same snap and the message 'Let’s GO-#SBLVII' A statement released by Roc Nation founder Shawn Jay-Z Carter, read: 'Rihanna is a generational talent, a woman of humble beginnings who has surpassed expectations at every turn. A person born on the small island of Barbados who became one of the most prominent artists ever. Self-made in business and entertainment.'  A statement from Apple Music read, 'We are thrilled to welcome Rihanna to the Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show stage,' shared Seth Dudowsky who is the NFL Head of Music. 'Rihanna is a once in a generation artist who has been a cultural fo...