Skip to main content

200-level student arrested for participating in NYSC

The National Youth Service Corps has arrested a 200-level student who allegedly obtained a fake degree certificate and was undergoing the orientation exercise at the Zamfara State camp.

NYSC last Friday apprehended the student named Rose, who was a 200-level Journalism undergraduate at a university in the Benin Republic.

The NYSC Director-General, Brig. Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim, confirmed the arrest of the student to our correspondent.
He said the Benin Republic university wrote to the scheme when its officials discovered her on the social media, posting her photographs in NYSC uniform in the Zamfara camp.

She was undergoing the Batch C Stream 1 orientation course before she was arrested.

The DG noted that the student had been brought to the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, and handed over to officials of the Department of State Services for further investigations.
Ibrahim warned that the NYSC would clamp down on fake graduates and certificates, adding that anyone arrested would be handed over for prosecution.
The DG said, “The clampdown on fake graduates and certificates is yielding more results. On Friday, one of the universities in Cotonou, Benin Republic saw their 200-level student in the NYSC uniform on social media. She is supposed to be a 200-level of the university studying journalism.
“But she went and purchased a fake certificate from another Benin Republic university and now served in the camp in Zamfara. Her classmates saw her on social media and raised the alarm to the university, which then alerted and wrote to me.

“The university said they recognised the efforts of the scheme in nabbing fake graduates and they were not a party to her fake certificate. So we arrested her in Zamfara. She was brought to Abuja and we have arranged with the DSS to take her away.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Military hands over 23 rescued children to UNICEF through Borno State

The Nigerian military has handed over 23 children who were formerly associated with Boko Haram insurgents, to UNICEF through the Borno State government.  The children were picked up during various military operations around the north-east region. Aged between 17 and 10 years, the boys and girls confessed to the military that they have been assisting the Boko Haram insurgents either as fighters or domestic helps in the camps. The Theatre Commander of a military counterinsurgency force, Abba Dikko, said the 23 children were released in line with Nigeria military’s commitment to the observance of human rights. He observed that the children and other vulnerable persons were victims who faced with the highly unstable circumstances induced by the conflict would have had little option but to fall under the thrall of the insurgents.  “We were able to identify this category of people, especially the women, the aged and children to whom it behooves our sense of duty and res...

FRSC reinforces directive on use of google maps while driving

The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has clarified its position on the use of Google Maps, The FCT Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Ayuba Gora was quoted saying that driving with the aid of Google map using mobile phones is a serious traffic offence. Gora said this at the inauguration of the 2019 Ember Months Campaign by Lugbe Unit Command of the FRSC in Abuja yesterday. But, FRSC Spokesman Bisi Kazeem making reference to Gora’s comments said the Sector Commander was quoted out of context and his statement outrightly misrepresented. Kazeem said the FRSC as a technology-driven organisation is not and has never stood against the use of Google Maps by Motorists. The statement read: “To state the obvious, we have always enlightened the public on the position of the law on the use of phone while driving. “The statement he made during the flag off buttresses the position of the Corps, which is that any driver who intends to deploy the use of Google Map...

Rihanna confirms she's headlining the Super Bowl LVII halftime show

  Rihanna has confirmed she will be headlining the 2023 Super Bowl half-time show.   The Barbadian singer, 34, announced the news Sunday September 25, by sharing a photo of her tattooed arm holding a football. The post marks Rihanna's first social media activity since giving birth to her first child in May.   The NFL also Tweeted the big news with the same snap and the message 'Let’s GO-#SBLVII' A statement released by Roc Nation founder Shawn Jay-Z Carter, read: 'Rihanna is a generational talent, a woman of humble beginnings who has surpassed expectations at every turn. A person born on the small island of Barbados who became one of the most prominent artists ever. Self-made in business and entertainment.'  A statement from Apple Music read, 'We are thrilled to welcome Rihanna to the Apple Music Super Bowl Halftime Show stage,' shared Seth Dudowsky who is the NFL Head of Music. 'Rihanna is a once in a generation artist who has been a cultural fo...