Skip to main content

Real getting closer to seal Mbappe deal with Monaco



Real Madrid have reportedly reached a world record deal in principle to sign Kylian Mbappe from Monaco for €180 million, closing one of the hottest transfer sagas of the summer.

Spanish sports daily Marca, citing sources close to the negotiations, said the gifted teenage striker who shot to stardom last season is expected to join Real "in the next few days" on a six year deal.

French newspapers Le Parisien and Nice Matin were quick to announce that Monaco had denied the report. But in the cloak and dagger climate of rumour and innuendo that characterises football's transfer operations, the latest twist revived speculation surrounding the future of Europe's most-eligible young star.

Only the rumour mill surrounding Neymar and the massive sums involved have come close to eclipsing the buzz generated by Mbappe in recent weeks.

Neymar, Barcelona's 25-year-old Brazilian superstar, is at the centre of frenzied speculation linking him to Paris Saint-Germain for a world record €222-million.

CIRCLING PREDATORS

The likelihood of that deal looks to have receded in the past few days as the Mbappe move takes centre stage. And if it goes through, Real will have completed a major coup by snatching one of the most coveted young players in football from under the noses of top European clubs including PSG and Premier League giants including Manchester City.

Real, currently on tour in the United States and due to play Manchester City in Los Angeles on Wednesday, have yet to comment on the Spanish report.

But Marca, known to have strong links to the Madrid club, insisted that Real are set to pay between 150-160m euros with add-ons of between 20 and 30m for Mbappe, dwarfing the current world transfer record of 105m Manchester United paid to lure Paul Pogba from Juventus last year.

Real are looking to fill the void left by Alvaro Morata who joined Premier League champions Chelsea last Friday in a deal reported to be worth up to 80 million euros.

Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane, asked about Mbappe last week, said that Real were short one attacker after Morata's departure but chose his words carefully.

"I am not saying we are lacking a centre forward but we are short of one attacker, that's how things are," he said. "We will see how we will manage that."

If he does arrive at Zidane's European champions the 18-year-old will be on a net annual salary of "seven million" euros, Marca said.

Mbappe, under contract at Monaco until 2019, has been wooed so hard by some of Europe's top clubs that Monaco raised the red card and warned the circling predators that they could be reported to Fifa, world football's governing body.

"Top European football clubs made contact with Kylian Mbappé and his entourage without our authorisation," Monaco said on their website.

The club said they wanted to remind these clubs that such actions are contrary to French and international regulations.

Mbappe scored six goals in 10 Champions League outings and 16 in Ligue 1 as he exploded onto the scene in the second half of last season.

On Monday, Monaco lost full-back Benjamin Mendy to Manchester City in a world record £52 million deal for a defender.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vulvar Care Tips

Vulva Care Maintaining a healthy vulva and vagina will help prevent infections and discomfort. Unusual changes in vaginal discharge is a sign that there might be an issue. Why is vulvar and vagina care important? Many women experience uncomfortable, vaginal infections (vaginitis) at one time or another. The area around the entrance to the vagina (vulva) can also become irritated. Steps can be taken to relieve and prevent vulvar discomfort and vaginal infections. Not all vaginal infections are alike and home treatments can worsen some types. If you have any concerns about your vulvar or vaginal health, or notice unusual changes in vaginal discharge, contact your healthcare provider if the problem persists. What is the vulva? The vulva is the area of female sex organs that lies outside of the vagina. These organs include folds of sensitive tissue called the labia (labia means "lips"). The labia has two parts. The outermost folds are called the labia majora. A secon...

Chechnya leader makes Mo Salah honorary citizen

Chechnya leader Ramzan Kadyrov has made Egypt’s talismanic striker Mohamed Salah an honorary citizen of the southern Russian region at a farewell banquet held for the eliminated World Cup side. Rights groups and Western governments allege that authorities in Chechnya repress their political opponents, discriminate against women and persecute sexual minorities, all allegations that Chechnya’s leaders deny. Chechnya has been hosting the Egyptian team’s World Cup training camp and Kremlin-backed Kadyrov has seized on opportunities to appear alongside Salah. Sarah’s goalscoring exploits for Liverpool and Egypt have made him an international superstar. “Mohamed Salah is an honorary citizen of the Chechen Republic. “Yes, that’s right! Tonight I signed a decree conferring this high award on the great footballer and member of the Egypt and Liverpool teams,” Kadyrov wrote on Telegram. Salah was presented with a badge and a copy of the decree at the dinner, Kadyrov said. The Egy...

Oil prices rise amidst uncertainty over Libyan crude exports

Oil prices rose, Tuesday on uncertainty over Libyan oil exports, although plans by producer cartel OPEC to raise output loom. Brent sweet crude futures, the international benchmark for oil prices, were at 74.95 dollars per barrel at 01.04 GMT, up 22 cents, or 0.3 per cent from their last close. The United States West Texas Intermediate (WTI) crude futures were at 68.33 dollars a barrel, up 25 cents, or 0.4 per cent. Traders said prices were mostly driven higher by uncertainty around oil exports by Libya, a member of the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). Eastern Libyan commander, Khalifa Haftar’s forces have handed control of oil ports to a separate National Oil Corporation (NOC) based in the East of the country. The official state-owned oil company based in the capital Tripoli, also called NOC, will not be allowed to handle that oil anymore, he said. In comments later confirmed to the media, Ahmed Mismari, spokesman of Haftar’s Libya National Army...